Hello! I got another nomination for Liebster Award by the lovely stardustdroplet, (post here) whose writing is insightful, smart, beautiful and makes me feel happy! I’m honoured to get this award again. Thank you!
Check out my previous Liebster post from this summer here for more info on this.
Here are stardustdroplet’s questions:
- What are your favourite lyrics from any song?
Many, but I’m gonna go with the morbidly beautiful and beautifully morbid:
“Follow me down to the valley below.
moonlight is bleeding from out of your soul.”
(From Lazarus by Porcupine Tree)
- How do you write your stories? Laptop? Computer? Notebook?
Laptop. I screenshot my TS4 stories on our tabletop computer, though.
- What’s the most fulfilling thing you’ve ever done?
Uh… I think it’s a combination of the small, fulfilling moments in life. Like loving and being loved, succeeding in things I’ve wanted to succeed in, finding peace… put them all in a metaphorical blender and you got yourself a fruitie of fulfillment.
- Have you ever done something that felt good at the time, but that you regretted afterwards?
All the time. I tend to be overly harsh on myself and regret things afterwards, even when they’re not that regrettable.
- Name one line from one SimLit story that inspired you!
There are so many, but I have to share this passage from CathyTea’s Through a Glass Murkly:
“For the first time since I opened my eyes, beneath this moon, I feel the peace of insignificance. I don’t matter. The specifics don’t matter. Something else, something greater matters, and the space inside me is a place where this something greater can flow.”
(From the chapter: And Solitude)
- If you could name yourself, what would you be called in real life?
I kinda like my real name. I could go for a Finnish nature word as well. Like Kuura (frost). Or a cute mythological name like Tuulikki (“little wind”, the name of an old Finnish goddess/spirit).
- Do you like art? Who’s your favourite artist?
YES! My favourite artists include Hugo Simberg, Vincent van Gogh, Akseli Gallen-Kallela, Jackson Pollock, Tove Jansson, Oscar Parviainen and many, many others!
- Do you have a save where there’s this one townie you absolutely love? Who is it?
I’m not usually that focused on townies. So… I can’t say there’s any I absolutely love. I do appreciate them and like them, though.
- How do you come up with characters?
Randomly. Sometimes I just start with a name, sometimes a core concept. Sometimes I just think what is needed for the story and start developing from there. Sometimes they just pop into my head.
- Do you prefer sunshine or rain?
Both have their pros and cons. But I’m sun-sensitive so… maybe rain?
- What’s your favourite smell?
Forest after the rain.
Thank you again! And for everyone: have lovely and safe times out there!